Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Living

We shall see how this world goes for now. It's been over a year since I moved to Seattle, a year since I gave up the world I knew for a completely different adventure. I will be the first to admit that I was miserable here at first. Freshman year's beginning is not something I like to ponder much, there were moments of happiness, but they were eclipsed by the overall feeling of being lost. I don't know why I stayed, I think it was mostly because I didn't want to return home with my tail between my legs. Or perhaps it was because it was the only option I felt I had. It's still scary being here at times. I often have to breathe deeply just to regain stability. It's terrifying to be so utterly alone, its like standing on the edge of a great cliff with only a thread keeping you to the land. But then again it's the most exciting thing I've ever done. Now that I look up at my life I'm so grateful to be here. Stoof, Chelsea and I used to sit in Outback with our cheese fries and do a bit of dreaming that someday we'd end up in Seattle and have all of these adventures and now here we are doing it. WE DID IT. We got out of Maui and we made something of ourselves. I've always been a person who lived for the future and now I'm in my year off from school for instate tuition and all i have is the present. I don't want to think about the future. I just want to live. I'm living just live. I'm imagining this is the last time period of my life when I can just live, no major career or school to take care of. I want to make the most of this. I want to get out and live a little more loudly.

No comments:

Post a Comment